IN THIS ISSUE:
News and Trends
Celebrity Skin Care Secrets
It's that time of year again – awards season. And let's be honest: Although we may tune in to see who's winning and losing, what we're really interested in is how our favorite stars look. It seems that no matter how much time goes by, celebrities somehow manage to escape the effects of aging. Stepping out onto the red carpet, they appear flawless and wrinkle free. How do they do it?
- Injectables: Dermal fillers and anti-wrinkle injections such as BOTOX® Cosmetic are common choices among celebrities who want to perfect their looks before a big event. Even A-list actresses such as Nicole Kidman have confessed to using BOTOX at least once. Because injectables require little or no downtime and quickly refresh a tired appearance, they are ideal for quick "touch up" treatments before major events. Many of our clients at St. Louis Cosmetic Surgery choose injectable fillers or BOTOX before weddings, anniversaries or other important occasions.
- Plastic Surgery: Facial plastic surgery procedures such as a facelift aren't popular only in St. Louis. In Hollywood and around the world, people choose cosmetic surgery to rejuvenate their faces and bodies. Many of the celebrities on TV have undergone procedures such as breast augmentation, rhinoplasty and liposuction. Since surgery requires downtime, however, these treatments must be performed several months in advance of a big event to allow for healing.
- Skin Care: Just by looking at their skin tone and overall skin quality, it's safe to say that most celebrities take good care of their skin. The key to smooth, soft skin is a regular skin care routine using products that contain high-quality active ingredients. Using sunscreen daily is critical for healthy skin, since many age-related conditions are accelerated by environmental factors. Our medical spa in St. Louis, MO, offers premium skin products such as SkinMedica®, PRESCRIBEDsolutions® and VIVITÉ®.
Celebrities aren't the only ones who can have younger-looking skin. You can learn more about reviving your appearance by contacting us at (636) 530-6161 or
requesting a consultation online.
Beauty & Health Tips
Re-hydrate for Winter
The condition of your skin changes with the seasons. The cold, dry air of winter often causes problems such as roughness, dry patches and chapping. In order to keep your skin looking dewy and well-hydrated this month, follow our top 3 tips:
- 1. Moisturizer is a Must: No matter your age, or whether your skin is oily, combination or dry, you need a good moisturizer. Individuals with very dry skin should look for rich, emollient products, while oily or combination skin can benefit from lighter, water-based formulas. Be sure to apply moisturizer day and night after you cleanse your skin.
- 2. Switch to a Creamy Cleanser: During winter, you may want to consider changing from a cleanser with drying agents such as salicylic acid to a gentler, moisturizing cleanser. We recommend the SkinMedica facial cleanser sold at our med spa in St. Louis.
- 3. Exfoliate Gently: Exfoliating helps remove dirt and other debris from the outer layer of your skin so that skin care products can penetrate more deeply. Exfoliating will also buff away dry patches of skin, making your complexion softer and more even. Chemical exfoliating agents such as retinol can be used once a day (less if your skin is very dry; more if it is oily). Physical exfoliating products such as facial scrubs should be limited to 2 or 3 times a week.
Do you have dry skin? Talk with one of our skin care experts by calling (636) 530-6161 or requesting your consultation online. You'll learn how to care for your skin as well as how to find high-grade products that are best-suited to your skin type.
St. Louis Cosmetic Surgery Introduces XEOMIN
Because Valentine's Day is a great time to feel good about yourself and beat the winter blahs, we're offering some Valentine Specials - as well as great prices on some of our most popular treatments.* Here's what we have going on:
- Valentine's Day Couples Massage: Come in together and get 2 Advanced Massages for $150. Couples are also free to order lunch here.
- Girls' Day Out: Come in with your best friend and chat while getting chemical peels. Any Level 2 peel, when you and your friend book at the same time, is $75 for each of you. ($35 savings!)
- XEOMIN® for $9 a unit: This new BOTOX alternative softens facial lines and wrinkles.
- JUVÉDERM® & RADIESSE®: Purchase 2 tubes for the
value price of $799, or 3 tubes for just $999.
- Vein Treatments: To welcome Martha, our
new nurse who does sclerotherapy,
we're offering vein treatments for $350
an hour during February and March.
(Normally, they are $400 an hour.)
- LATISSE®: Get a free box of LATISSE
with any permanent makeup service
(eyeliner, eyebrows, lips or full face).
- Surgery Special: Receive 15% off your surgery if you put $250 down at your consultation. Surgery must be
complete by March 31, 2012.
Offer good February 1 - March 31, 2012.
*All offers good through
February 29, 2012.
Special prices on vein treatments and
on JUVÉDERM & RADIESSE
March 31, 2012.