The body undergoes many changes after childbirth: the breasts lose volume and begin to sag; abdominal muscles stretch and become loose; and excess weight accumulates in the hips, thighs, and buttocks. A mommy makeover procedure from St. Louis Cosmetic Surgery includes a combination of transformative procedures to remove fat, flatten the abdomen, and improve breast shape.
The board-certified plastic surgeons at our plastic surgery practice can help you choose the right combination of procedures to fit your needs and lifestyle. Request a consultationRequest a consultation online or call (636) 530-6161 to set up an evaluation and learn more.
WARNING: This feature contains nudity. Please click OK to confirm you are at least 18 years of age and are not offended by such material.
Mommy Makeover Before & After Photos
30 year old female, with breast lift and silicone augmentation, extended abdominoplasty, liposuction of abdomen and flanks.
Browse our gallery of before-and-after photos showing the results our surgeons produce. It's helpful to find patients with body types similar to yours.Keep in mind that each patient is unique and your results may vary.
A mommy makeover can help women from Missouri and Southern Illinois improve the look of their bodies and breasts after pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding. Combining multiple procedures into a single operation is a safe and cost-effective way for patients to achieve their cosmetic goals with only one recovery period. That's especially convenient for women with young children at home.
The Transformative Power of a Mommy Makeover
Dr. Huffaker Mommy Makeover Interview
Your treatment can be completely customized, but the procedures typically included in a mommy makeover are:
- Breast enhancement: Our surgeons customize your cosmetic breast surgery for a mommy makeover. Many women want to restore volume lost after breastfeeding with breast augmentation, but aren't sure whether they also need a breast lift. Our surgeons assess the breasts' shape and the skin's laxity during the consultation and recommend what they believe will provide the most beautiful, long-lasting results.
- Tummy tuck: Even women who exercise and keep in shape after pregnancy discover that there is little they can do about the excess skin and stretched abdominal muscles that are weakened by pregnancy and childbirth. A tummy tuck removes the excess skin and tightens the muscles for a smooth abdominal contour.
- Liposuction: Most mommy makeover procedures incorporate liposuction as part of the tummy tuck to reduce abdominal fat. Additionally, many of the women who want mommy makeover surgery may also benefit from liposuction of their flanks, thighs, or buttocks.
- Labiaplasty: An increasing number of women seek labiaplasty as part of mommy makeover surgery. Even though some people use the terms "labiaplasty" and "vaginoplasty" interchangeably, they are actually distinct procedures. Labiaplasty restores sensitivity to this delicate area and can change its appearance, reversing aesthetic changes caused by childbirth that make some feel self-conscious during sexual activity. Vaginoplasty, sometimes called vaginal rejuvenation, is a procedure to tighten the vaginal canal.
Because mommy makeover procedures require a high degree of specialization, the surgeons at our St. Louis, MO practice tailor each surgery to best complement the patients' physical characteristics while keeping their personal goals in mind.
Due to the complexity of this surgery, most mommy makeovers are performed under general anesthesia. Usually, these procedures are performed simultaneously during one operation, which may last between 4 and 6 hours. However, these procedures can also be done individually if necessary.
We're delighted to offer Vectra 3D Imaging, which we use to create visual simulations of the various options available. Together, we'll evaluate every angle to find a look that makes you smile.
Enjoy Your Results Sooner
We Specialize in Rapid Recovery
Learn More »
A 2 to 3 week recovery is typical after a mommy makeover; however, the amount of downtime will depend on the number and type of surgeries performed. St. Louis Cosmetic Surgery uses the rapid recovery technique in order to minimize post operative pain, reduce bruising and swelling, and shorten recovery time. You will be provided with a pain pump, which slowly drips local anesthetic into the areas that will be the most sore — thereby greatly reducing discomfort. It is best to avoid weight-bearing or strenuous activity for several weeks.
It's important to have help at home, especially if you have young children. Speaking of children, you should not lift anything heavy — including your children — during the recovery. Also, you should expect to experience fatigue for at least the initial 3 weeks of your recovery, which is why having a good support system at home is very helpful throughout the recovery process.
- Natural, long-lasting results that are never overdone
- Personalized surgical plans
- Honest and comprehensive consultations
- Reduced downtime and comfortable recovery
See more reasons why people choose St. Louis Cosmetic Surgery. View real patient testimonials.
Your full results should appear over the next few months. Most of our patients happily report that they feel as though they've gained their "pre-pregnancy body back" and are more confident and outgoing after surgery.
Mommy Makeover Stories
For Meg it was triplets. Nikki's reason was the 75 pounds of
"baby weight." Read stories from real mommies just like you.
Mommy Makeover Stories
For Meg it was triplets. Nikki's reason was the 75 pounds of "baby weight." Read stories from real mommies just like you.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does a mommy makeover cost?
The price of a mommy makeover depends on several factors that make it difficult to determine a final quote before your consultation. The extent of any procedure depends on a patient's cosmetic goals and unique physical condition, and that's especially true for a mommy makeover, which is customized even more than other stand-alone aesthetic surgery operations.
One of the benefits of a mommy makeover, though, is that it's more cost-effective to combine your procedures than to have the same procedures performed separately. That's because certain fixed costs, such as the operating room fee, only have to be paid once.
Is it safe to have several procedures performed in a single operation?
Your safety is the top priority of our surgeons. When your surgeon creates a surgical plan, the expected duration of your surgery is one of the key considerations, and we will never create a surgical plan that we believe to be anything less than absolutely safe. Most mommy makeovers can be completed safely in 4 to 6 hours.
How long after having a baby should I wait before getting a mommy makeover?
If you breastfeed your baby, you should wait at least 6 months until after you stop breastfeeding before undergoing cosmetic breast surgery. In some cases, women's breasts will lose volume after they stop breastfeeding.
Women who don't breastfeed should wait at least a year after childbirth before planning on a mommy makeover. This gives the body the time it needs to heal fully from pregnancy. It's also important to remember that it can be very difficult to be recovering from surgery with an infant to take care of.