At St. Louis Cosmetic Surgery, we customize mommy makeover procedures for our Missouri and Illinois patients who want to correct multiple areas of the body after having children. The body undergoes many changes during and after pregnancy: the breasts gain, then lose volume and may begin to sag; abdominal muscles stretch and separate; and excess weight accumulates in the hips, thighs, abdomen and buttocks. Our experienced, board-certified plastic surgeons customize a combination of transformative procedures to reduce fat, flatten the abdomen, and improve breast shape.
This incredible, transformative surgery can improve the look of your body and breasts after pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding. Combining multiple procedures into a single operation is a safe and cost-effective way to achieve your cosmetic goals with only one recovery period. That’s especially convenient for women with young children at home.
Although your treatment can be completely customized, the procedures that are most often included in a mommy makeover are the following:
- Breast enhancement: Our surgeons customize your cosmetic breast surgery for a mommy makeover. Many women want to restore volume lost after breastfeeding with breast augmentation, but aren’t sure whether they also need a breast lift. Our surgeons assess the breasts’ shape and the skin’s laxity during the consultation and recommend what they believe will provide the most beautiful, long-lasting results.
- Tummy tuck: Even women who exercise and keep in shape after pregnancy discover that there is little they can do about the excess skin and stretched abdominal muscles that are weakened by pregnancy and childbirth. A tummy tuck removes the excess skin and tightens the muscles for a smooth abdominal contour.
- Liposuction: Most mommy makeover procedures here in St. Louis incorporate liposuction as part of the tummy tuck to reduce abdominal fat. Additionally, many of the women who want mommy makeover surgery may also benefit from liposuction of their flanks, thighs, or buttocks.
- Labiaplasty: An increasing number of women seek labiaplasty as part of mommy makeover surgery. Even though some people use the terms “labiaplasty” and “vaginoplasty” interchangeably, they are actually distinct procedures. Labiaplasty restores sensitivity to this delicate area and can change its appearance, reversing aesthetic changes caused by childbirth that make some feel self-conscious during sexual activity. Vaginoplasty, sometimes called vaginal rejuvenation, is a procedure to tighten the vaginal canal.
- Viveve™: We also offer nonsurgical vaginal rejuvenation using the Viveve system. Viveve is a radiofrequency treatment that includes carefully controlled heating and cooling to stimulate the production of new collagen to tighten the vagina.
Because mommy makeover procedures require a high degree of specialization, the surgeons at St. Louis Cosmetic Surgery tailor each surgery to best complement each patient’s unique physical characteristics while keeping their personal goals in mind.
Due to the complexity of this surgery, most mommy makeovers are performed under general anesthesia. Usually, these procedures are performed simultaneously during one operation, which may last between 4 and 6 hours. However, these procedures can also be done individually if necessary.
A 2- to 3-week recovery is typical after a mommy makeover; however, the amount of downtime will depend on the number and type of surgeries performed. At St. Louis Cosmetic Surgery, our surgeons use the rapid recovery technique in order to minimize postoperative pain, reduce bruising and swelling, and shorten recovery time. You will be provided with a pain pump, which slowly drips local anesthetic into the areas that will be the most sore — thereby greatly reducing discomfort. It is best to avoid weight-bearing or strenuous activity for several weeks.The board-certified plastic surgeons at St. Louis Cosmetic Surgery can help you choose the right combination of procedures to fit your needs and lifestyle. Request a consultation online or call (636) 530-6161 to set up an evaluation and learn more.Back to Top