The body undergoes many changes after childbirth: the breasts lose volume and begin to sag; abdominal muscles stretch and become loose; and excess weight accumulates in the hips, thighs, and buttocks. A mommy makeover procedure from St. Louis Cosmetic Surgery includes a combination of transformative procedures to remove fat, flatten the abdomen, and improve breast shape.
The board-certified plastic surgeons at our plastic surgery practice can help you choose the right combination of procedures to fit your needs and lifestyle. Request a consultationRequest a consultation online or call (636) 530-6161 to set up an evaluation and learn more.
WARNING: This feature contains nudity. Please click OK to confirm you are at least 18 years of age and are not offended by such material.
Mommy Makeover Before & After Photos
30 year old female, with breast lift and silicone augmentation, extended abdominoplasty, liposuction of abdomen and flanks.
Browse our gallery of before-and-after photos showing the results our surgeons produce. It's helpful to find patients with body types similar to yours.
A mommy makeover can help improve the look of the body and breasts for women who have gone through pregnancy and childbirth. Combining multiple procedures into a single operation is a safe and cost-effective way for patients to achieve their cosmetic goals with only one recovery period. That's especially convenient for women with young children at home.
The Transformative Power of a Mommy Makeover
Dr. Huffaker Mommy Makeover Interview
Your treatment can be completely customized, but the procedures typically included in a mommy makeover are:
- Breast enhancement: This is usually a breast lift that may be combined with breast augmentation for women who also want to increase the size of their breasts, which often lose volume after breastfeeding.
- Tummy tuck: Even women who exercise and keep in shape after pregnancy discover that there is little they can do about the excess skin and stretched abdominal muscles that are weakened by pregnancy and childbirth. A tummy tuck removes the excess skin and tightens the muscles for a smooth abdominal contour.
- Liposuction: Most mommy makeover procedures incorporate liposuction as part of the tummy tuck to reduce abdominal fat. Additionally, many of the women who want mommy makeover surgery may also benefit from liposuction of their flanks, thighs, or buttocks.
- Labiaplasty: An increasing number of women seek labiaplasty as part of mommy makeover surgery. Vaginal rejuvenation after childbirth can restore sensitivity to this delicate area, in addition to making aesthetic changes.
Because mommy makeover procedures require a high degree of specialization, the surgeons at our St. Louis, MO practice tailor each surgery to best complement the patients' physical characteristics while keeping their personal goals in mind.
Due to the complexity of this surgery, most mommy makeovers are performed under general anesthesia. Usually, these procedures are performed simultaneously during one operation, which may last between 4 and 6 hours. However, these procedures can also be done individually if necessary.
We're delighted to offer Vectra 3D Imaging, which we use to create visual simulations of the various options available. Together, we'll evaluate every angle to find a look that makes you smile.
Enjoy Your Results Sooner
We Specialize in Rapid Recovery
Learn More »
A 2 to 3 week recovery is typical after a mommy makeover; however, the amount of downtime will depend on the number and type of surgeries performed. St. Louis Cosmetic Surgery uses the rapid recovery technique in order to minimize post operative pain, reduce bruising and swelling, and shorten recovery time. You will be provided with a pain pump, which slowly drips local anesthetic into the areas that will be the most sore – thereby greatly reducing discomfort. It is best to avoid weight-bearing or strenuous activity for several weeks.
- Natural, long-lasting results that are never overdone
- Personalized surgical plans
- Honest and comprehensive consultations
- Reduced downtime and comfortable recovery
See more reasons why people choose St. Louis Cosmetic Surgery. View real patient testimonials.
Your full results should appear over the next few months. Most of our patients happily report that they feel as though they've gained their "pre-pregnancy body back" and are more confident and outgoing after surgery.
Mommy Makeover Stories
For Meg it was triplets. Nikki's reason was the 75 pounds of
"baby weight." Read stories from real mommies just like you.
Mommy Makeover Stories
For Meg it was triplets. Nikki's reason was the 75 pounds of "baby weight." Read stories from real mommies just like you.