Rapid Recovery Breast Augmentation
Our surgeons have helped many women who wanted to enhance their breast size and feel a sense of pride in their appearance through breast augmentation. At St. Louis Cosmetic Surgery, we serve patients from all over Missouri, and our board-certified plastic surgeons perform hundreds of breast augmentation procedures every year. They have been recognized nationally for their outstanding results by breast implant manufacturer Allergan Medical Company. We specialize in a customized, rapid recovery breast augmentation technique that creates beautiful, natural-looking results.
Our experienced surgeons explain your breast augmentation surgical options and the different types of breast implants available at our St. Louis practice when you meet for a personal consultation. Request a consultationRequest a consultation online or call our office at (636) 530-6161 to schedule an appointment to learn how we can customize your breast enhancement procedure.
Browse our gallery of before-and-after photos showing the results our surgeons produce. It's helpful to find patients with body types similar to yours.
What Is Rapid Recovery Breast Augmentation?
Our surgeons' specialized techniques reduce the downtime required after getting breast augmentation by speeding up the healing process. Our approach cuts the amount of time most patients need to take off from work, and we encourage patients to move around after returning home from surgery. Some of our patients even go out to dinner the same evening.
The rapid recovery approach minimizes tissue damage and the bleeding and bruising that usually accompany any surgical procedure. Your recovery is not only shorter, but more comfortable, as well.
- Natural, long-lasting results that are never overdone
- Personalized surgical plans
- Honest and comprehensive consultations
- Reduced downtime and comfortable recovery
See more reasons why people choose St. Louis Cosmetic Surgery. View real patient testimonials.
Who Is a Good Breast Augmentation Candidate?
Women in good overall health who want to change the size and shape of their breasts are good candidates for breast enlargement. Saline breast implants are approved by the FDA for use in patients who are at least 18. Silicone implants are approved for use in women 22 and older. Some of the common reasons you might consider breast augmentation include:
- You think your breasts are too small for your body
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding resulted in your breasts losing volume
- Your breasts are smaller after losing weight
- You want more flexibility when shopping for clothes and bathing suits
- Your breasts are asymmetrical
Women with positive attitudes and realistic expectations about what breast augmentation can accomplish are typically very satisfied with the procedure's results.
Custom Cosmetic Surgery
Patients come to St. Louis Cosmetic Surgery with unique aesthetic goals. Our surgeons customize treatment plans based on the patient's physical characteristics and desires. A plastic surgery procedure is never seen from a one-size-fits-all perspective, whether it is rapid recovery breast augmentation, liposuction, or a tummy tuck.
The foundation of the excellent results we achieve is established during your consultation, when you and your surgeon discuss in detail all aspects of the procedure and decisions are made based on your goals and the surgeon's physical assessment.
We're delighted to offer Vectra 3D Imaging, which we use to create visual simulations of the various options available. Together, we'll evaluate every angle to find a look that makes you smile.
Preparing for Surgery
Some patients feel like they've been preparing for breast augmentation surgery for years. That may be true emotionally, but there are also some practical steps to take in the weeks and days leading up to your operation. Your surgeon provides detailed preoperative instructions listing certain medications to avoid, such as aspirin or anti-inflammatory drugs, for at least a week before surgery. Other steps to take before your breast augmentation surgery include:
- Getting a mammogram to establish a baseline image that can be compared to post-augmentation mammogram results
- Stopping smoking at least 6 weeks prior to surgery
- Arranging for a ride home on the day of surgery and ensuring you have an adult to stay with you for at least the first night
- Wearing comfortable clothes to our clinic the day of the operation, including a top that doesn't have to be pulled over your head
- Ensuring you have books, magazines, or a TV remote handy at your bedside
Taking these steps before your procedure helps set the course for a smooth recovery afterward.
The rapid recovery surgical techniques we use at St. Louis Cosmetic Surgery help limit the downtime associated with breast augmentation surgery, but we still recommend getting adequate rest during the first couple of days after surgery. There are a number of specific steps our surgeons take during surgery so our patients experience a rapid recovery. Most patients can return to work or their normal daily activities just 2 days after surgery and are able to move around fairly easily on the night of surgery. The rapid recovery approach was introduced more than 10 years ago, and we've had excellent success with it. The keys to rapid recovery breast surgery include:
- Minimizing tissue damage, bleeding, and bruising by using precise electro-cauterization instead of blunt dissection to create pockets to hold the breast implants. This technique results in much less post-surgical discomfort. In fact, virtually all of our patients use over-the-counter pain relief medication rather than narcotics during recovery.
- More efficient surgery. Our surgeons' advanced training allows them to perform breast augmentation in a methodical, yet efficient manner that ultimately leads to less discomfort during recovery.
- Breast implants that are proportional to a patient's body. Our surgeons explain the relationship between your natural body proportions and the size of the breast implants. Patients who choose implants with the goal of getting results that look natural experience a faster, more comfortable recovery.
Our surgeons take the time to answer all questions about the rapid recovery techniques they use to enhance the healing and recovery process. Patients receive detailed aftercare instructions, and we check in during follow-up appointments to ensure healing is progressing quickly.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does breast augmentation cost?
The price of breast augmentation, like all cosmetic surgery, depends on several factors. For example, the procedure cost differs based on the region of the country where it's performed and may be lower or higher even within a particular area if you live in a large city. A plastic surgeon's training and experience influence the cost, as does the extent of the procedure itself. Saline implants are slightly less expensive than silicone implants, and the procedure may cost more if combined with other treatments, to name just a few factors. Cost is an important consideration when choosing a plastic surgeon, but it's wise not to base a decision only on getting the best bargain. We try to help all of our patients realize their cosmetic dreams by offering financing options.
Will breast implants affect my ability to breastfeed?
In most cases, women are able to breastfeed if they have undergone breast augmentation. There is more risk of complications if the surgeon uses a periareolar incision (around the lower edge of the areola) and places implants above the muscle, putting more pressure on glandular tissue. If you are planning to have children in the near future, be sure to talk to your surgeon about it so you can choose surgical options that fit within your family plans.
Should I get breast augmentation or a breast lift?
Women with minor breast sagging may get the results they want with breast implants, which can create the illusion of lifted breasts in those cases. But moderate to severe sagging requires a breast lift, which can be combined with augmentation if desired.
Can I combine breast augmentation with other procedures?
Absolutely. Many of our patients who have raised children come in with the goal of getting their pre-pregnancy bodies back. That may include liposuction and a tummy tuck, in addition to breast surgery, a combination that's often called a mommy makeover. Combining procedures saves patients money and recovery time and provides the benefit of an allover transformation.